Port Blair, Jan. 21
The general public have been informed that the following Traffic arrangements have been made in connection with Republic Day Function on 26th January, 2024.
- The carcade of Hon’ble Lt. Governor and the cars of other higher officials, holding the ‘P’ (Green & Pink) parking card shall alight at the alighting point on the road inside Marina Park. After dropping the officials/dignitaries at the alighting point, the vehicles shall proceed for parking near Swimming Pool by taking the route Girls School Junction – Scout Hut Junction – Netaji Stadium – ‘P’ Parking.
- The holders of ‘P’ car parking label except the Hon’ble LG’s carcade, may use the routes:
- Clock Tower-Y-Narayan Junction–Dharamsala Junction-Marina Park gate (Children’s Traffic Park).
- APWD Junction–Fire Brigade Junction–Scout Hut Junction–Netaji Stadium-Y- Narayan Junction – Dharamsala Junction – Marina Park gate (Children’s Traffic Park).
- The holders of ‘P-1’car parking label to use the routes of Clock Tower-Y Narayan Junction- Netaji Stadium-Parking near Sports Hostel and inside the Netaji Stadium towards SAI Hostel side.
- The holders of ‘P-1’car parking label shall be seated to the right side (Swimming Pool end) opposite to the main dais of the Chief Guest. The holders ‘P-1’cards are requested to reach the place of function through the way beside swimming pool latest by 0745 hrs.
- After the departure of VIP from the place of function, the vehicles bearing car parking label ‘P’ shall proceed towards the alighting point inside Marina Park and will take exit towards Girls School side & then take the route through Girls School Jn. -Scout Hut Jn. – Vikas Bhavan (ANIIDCO Office) – Fire Brigade – APWD Crossing to their destinations.
- After the departure of VIP from the place of function, the vehicles bearing car parking label ‘P-1’ shall proceed from Parking near Sports Hostel-Netaji Stadium-Y Narayan junction- Clock tower to their destinations.
- All other vehicles without any parking label including two and four wheelers shall be parked inside the Netaji Stadium Near Multipurpose Hall and shall be seated to the left side (towards Velodrome side) opposite to the main dais of the Chief Guest. After completion of the function the vehicles of general public shall be diverted from Netaji Stadium parking towards Y- Narayan junction/Clock Tower.
- The vehicles intending to proceed to South Point from Aberdeen Bazar and vice versa shall be diverted towards Model School Crossing — APWD Crossing — Murugan Temple – Siddiqui Jn.- Shadipur Jn. from 0800 to 1030 hrs.
- Heavy vehicles & Buses coming towards Model School/Clock Tower shall be diverted to Goalghar and Junglighat from Bengali Club from 0730 to 1030 hrs till dispersal of the parade and invitees.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to proceed towards place of function from Cellular Jail, Y- Narayan Junction, Fire Brigade Junction, Murugan Temple via RK Mission, Flag Point & Water Sports tri-junction after 0800 hrs. till dispersal of the parade and invitees.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to proceed towards Girls School from Scout Hut Junction or RK Mission or Machi Line or Govt. Press or Hotel Sinclairs/Circuit House from 0600 hrs till completion of the function.
- The vehicles carrying parade contingents, after dropping the contingents at Girls School junction shall proceed towards Fire Brigade and will remain stationed there. After the culmination of the parade, they will leave for their respective units with their parade contingents.
- Ambulance and vehicles with medical emergency cases proceeding to GB Pant Hospital shall take the route of Y-Narayan junction – Cellular Jail- GB Pant Hospital and this route shall remain closed from 0805 to 0835 hrs for all other vehicles except ambulance and vehicles with medical emergency cases.
Further, the vehicles stationed inside GB Pant Hospital shall be allowed to proceed towards back gate of the hospital and diverted towards Dignabad sea shore road from Water Sports tri-junction from 0700 to 1000 hrs.