Port Blair, Jan 07: Cyber fraudsters are misusing people’s interest in work from home (WFH) opportunities and sending fake job offers related messages on WhatsApp. Through these fake messages they try to victimize the users by sending them malicious phishing links and attempt to commit financial frauds.
In this regard, Andaman and Nicobar Police issues the following advisory to safeguard yourself against fake job offers:
- Ignore the messages received from unknown numbers.
- Avoid clicking on unfamiliar links received through messages on any online platforms.
- Only visit authorized company/organization websites for valid job-related information.
- Install updated anti-virus on your digital devices for security and protection.
- Immediately block the number and report against such fake offers.
- Keep yourself updated about the Cyber frauds and scams.
- Enable 2 Factor authentication and finger print options provided by the platforms.
- Ensure that you always follow safe online practices.
For any assistance, information or enquiries, please contact: Cyber Cell, Port Blair, over Cyber Helpline No.1930, 9531856083 or visit cybercrime.gov.in.