Port Blair, Dec 28: This Press release is in continuation of A&N Administration’s Press Note published in the Daily Telegrams dated 28.12.2023. Swimming Test for the Candidate names appeared in the list published by the A&N Administration on the above date for the post of Seacunny (Environment & Forest) and Engine Dinghy Operator (AAJVS) should be conducted on 01.01.2024 from 0600 hrs. onwards at the Swimming Pool, Netaji Stadium, Port Blair.
Candidates are informed to be present at the venue as per schedule mentioned above with proper swimming costume. Entry at the venue for the Swimming Test would be closed at 0900 hrs. Candidates shall not be permitted to enter after 0900 hrs.
Qualifying criteria for the Swimming Test of the participating Candidates is to swim a Distance of 100 mtrs within a time limit of 5.00 minutes (Male Candidate) and 7.00 minutes (Female Candidate).
Candidates participating in the Swimming Test for the above posts should bring the following documents in original for verification and one set of self-attested copies for records as detailed under:
Seacunny (Environment & Forest)
1. Certificate regarding 06 (Six) years’ experience as Lascar in Seagoing Vessels of which one year as Seacunny.
Engine Dinghy Operator (AAJVS)
1. Holding a Diploma in Marine Fitter Trade from any recognized Industrial Training Institute (ITI) or equivalent.
2. 2 years work experience to independently handling engine dinghy 10 to 20 HP and or OBM boats 80 to 115 HP.
3. Basic knowledge for storm and distress signals charts and compass.
Terms & Conditions for Swimming Test
- The candidates must bring Admit Card/Identity Proof (In duplicate) while approaching the Swimming Test for official records.
- Swimming costume is compulsory during the swimming test of the candidate.
- The candidates entering the swimming pool without wearing a swimming costume will not be entertained at any cost.
- Swimming suit and cap is compulsory for Female candidates.
- Foot wears are not allowed on the pool deck.
- Smoking and pan chewing is strictly prohibited.
- Carrying edible items inside the swimming pool is not allowed.
- Persons with Skin Diseases are not allowed.
The qualified candidates in the Swimming Test for the post of Seacunny (Environment & Forest) and Engine Dinghy Operator (AAJVS) should undergo Trade Test as per Recruitment Rules on the same day from 1100 hrs. at Marine Dockyard, DSS, Port Blair. Candidates are requested to present at Marine Dockyard, DSS, Port Blair by 1100 hrs. for their Trade Test before the Committee constituted for this purpose without fail.
Trade Test for the Candidate names appeared in the Press Note dated 28.12.2023 published in the Daily Telegrams dated 28.12.2023 by A&N Administrations for the post of Deck Rating, Engine Room Rating & Utility Hand (All posts pertains to DSS) should be conducted with effect from 02.01.2024 to 05.01.2024 Marine Dockyard Complex, DSS, Port Blair. Candidates are informed to be present at the venue at 0800 hrs. Entry in the venue for Trade Test would be closed at 0900 hrs. Candidates shall not be permitted to enter after 0900 hrs.
Candidates approaching the Trade Test for the post of Deck Rating, Engine Room Rating & Utility Hand must bring their original Certificates of Deck Rating/GP Rating/ Engine Room Rating and CDC with STCW’ 2010 as amended from time to time. from a recognized Institute approved by the DG (Shipping) and as per applicable Recruitment Rules. A self-attested copy of each certificate/document must also be brought for records of this Directorate.
The candidates are requested to adhere to the terms and conditions.