Port Blair, Jan 02: A new variant of COVID-19 is spreading in some countries. The UT of A&N Islands has taken many measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 and there is no need to panic. The people can join hands to prevent the transmission of disease in the UT by adopting the following measures:
- Do not panic.
- Don’t pay heed to rumors.
- Wear mask in all crowded places including schools, colleges, hospitals, Markets, cinema etc.
- Wash your hands and face at regular intervals with soap and water or use alcohol based sanitizer for cleaning hands.
- Sneeze and cough either into your elbow or into tissue paper / handkerchief.
- After coughing or sneezing dispose of the tissue paper/ wash your Handkerchief.
- Ensure proper nutrition including fresh fruits, vegetables & plenty of fluids and exercise to boost immunity.
- Clean the frequently touched surfaces with disinfectant regularly.
- Those who have symptoms of fever, body ache, sore throat, abdominal discomfort or any other untoward symptoms, isolate yourself at home for about 7 days and seek medical advice. They must initiate symptomatic treatment at the earliest to prevent any complications.
- Do not cough or sneeze into your bare hands or without covering your face.
- Don’t go near your contacts if you are suffering from fever and cough.
- Don’t touch your eyes, face, nose and tongue.
- Don’t go near affected/ sick people.
- Don’t self-medicate.
- Don’t go to crowded places like parks, markets and religious places.
- Don’t go out unless it is absolutely essential.
The A & N Administration is fully prepared to tackle any untoward situation. No need to panic.”Stay Healthy and Stay Safe”